TRAVEL TO SURINAME
As of November 25, 2011, nationals of the following countries who are travelling as a tourist, for pleasure, or to visit friends and relatives have the option to purchase a tourist card or apply for a visa:
6. China People Republic
8. Costa Rica
10. Czech Republic
12. Domincan Republic
14. El Salvador
46. The Netherlands
48. United Kindom of Great Britain and Northern Ierland
49. United States of America
51. Venezuela Bolivarian Republic
The tourist card is short term, single entry and expires after 90 days. It must be purchased from the embassy before the intended travel to Suriname.
TOURIST CARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Money Order for Usd 35.00 or Euro 30.00 payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Suriname.
- Physical Passport valid for 6 months from date of entry and computer generated itinerary and/or copy of return ticket.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail.
- No personal check will be accepted.
Citizens of the aforementioned countries who would like to apply for a multiple entry tourist visa have to comply with the regular visa requirements procedure.
For some other reasons than tourism, travelers who will visit Suriname to negotiate business, attend conferences, training or make an exploratory business visit will have to apply for a business visa prior to arrival in Suriname and must complete the business visa requirements.